- TEAM ‘CUL DE SAC’ AUCTION: Rare Watterson painting sells for $13K (Auction also generated nearly $50,000.)
- “Hit By Pitch,” A New Look at a Sad Day, interview with Molly Lawless
- The History of Invulnerability’ at Theater J by Katie Elizabeth Quinn
- Curls Studio on the Team Cul de Sac signing/release party
- Bruce Guthrie’s photos from the Team Cul de Sac signing/release party
- I have a few photos from Graphic Details: Confessional Comics by Jewish Women. I still plan on a post about this.
- Magic Bullet #5 – D.C. area’s comic newspaper. While the campaign has met its goal, there’s still 8 days left.
Debuts and new issues/releases:
- Kindling, illustrated by Deanna Echanique, begins June 19.
- Xoc: The Journey of a Great White, Matt Dembicki with colors by Evan Keeling, Oni Press (20-page preview from Oni Press). July 25.
- Mr. Big: A Tale of Pond Life, Carol and Matt Dembicki, Sky Pony Press. Sept. 1.
- District Comics: An Unconventional History of Washington, DC, various artists, Fulcrum Publishing. Sept. 11.
- Ongoing until June 17: “Life Unreal: Art by Evan Keeling and Scott White,” Northside Social, Arlington, Va.
- Ongoing until June 23: Artomatic, featuring Christiann MacAuley, Ben Claassen III, Urvi Mehta, Jeff Kollins, Sarah Palaszynski, Ivan Collich, Michael Auger and many others.
- Ongoing through June Mark Burrier: Rare Words Exhibition, Flying Dog Brewery, Frederick, Md.
- Through July 8: The History of Invulnerability , Theater J, Jewish Community Center, Washington, D.C. Tickets and showtime information at the link.
Theater J offers $10 off tickets to readers of this blog using “DCCOMICS” either online at the Theater J website or by phone at 800-494-8497. The theater also offers a discount to those 35 and younger, which makes $15 during the week and $25 on the weekends. No discount code is needed.
- Through Sept. 2: “Graphic Details: Confessional Comics by Jewish Women” at the Ann Loeb Bronfman Gallery, Jewish Community Center, Washington, D.C.
- Various dates beginning June 17: Create a Comic Book with Matt Dembicki, 7 p.m. at Fairfax County Libraries.
- June 23: Panel on District Comics: An Unconventional History of Washington, DC, featuring Matt Dembicki, Andrew Cohen, Peter Conrad and Brook Allen, 11 to 11:30 a.m., American Library Association conference, Anaheim, Calif.
- June 23: Liz Prince signing at Celebrated Summer/Atomic Books, 1 to 3 p.m., Baltimore, Md. Facebook event page
- June 25: Panel on Books Without Boundaries: Crossover Fiction for YA and Adults, featuring Matt Dembicki, 10:30 a.m. to noon, American Library Association conference, Anaheim, Calif.
- June 30: Landry Quinn Walker and Eric Jones, creators of Danger Club, signing, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Third Eye Comics, Annapolis, Md. First 15 people in line get a special gift.
- July 7-8: Full Sanction at Kids Read Comics Celebration, Ann Arbor, Mich. (I’ll also be there, just hanging out!)
- July 7: Southern Maryland Comic-Con, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Waldorf, Md.