- John Lewis: Freedom Rider, congressman … cartoon?, Ruth Tam, Post Politics/Washington Post
- Rep. John Lewis makes Comic-Con debut to promote graphic novel ‘March’, The Reliable Source, Washington Post
- John Lewis Receives a Hero’s Welcome at Comic-Con, Warren Rojas, Heard on the Hill/Roll Call
- Corto Maltese, Jared Smith and Greg Bennett, .cent Magazine
- Baltimore Comic Shop Collectors Corner Nominated for Prestigious Comic Con Award, Joshua Axelrod, NBC4
- Children learn to draw comics at Westminster library, Timothy Sandoval, Carroll County Times
- Recap: cARToons Exhibit – Opening Reception, Curls Studio
- Magic Bullet #7 is looking for contributors and advertisers. Deadline is Aug. 1.
- Corgi Zine is accepting submissions. Deadline is Aug. 18. Pays $5 per page.
- Now through Aug. 18: ZAP! POW! BAM! The Superhero: The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1938-1950, Jewish Museum of Maryland, Baltimore, Md.
- Now through Nov. 10: Awake in the Dream World: The Art of Audrey Niffenegger, National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington, D.C.
- Aug. 8: Dash Shaw signing and presentation, 7 p.m., Velocity Comics, Richmond, Va.
- Aug. 17: Darick Robertson signing, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Third Eye Comics, Annapolis, Md.
- Aug. 24: Bmore Into Comics, with Rafer Roberts, Danielle Corsetto, Melody Often, Howie Noeldechen, and Carolyn Belefski, noon to 5 p.m., Bad Decisions, Baltimore, Md.