- Lunch Lady’ Author Helps Students Draw Their Own Heroes, NPR staff (also includes audio)
- We Need Another Hero, Asian Representation in Super Hero Comics, Jamie Noguchi at Metropolitan Washington Mensa Matrix V
- cNow through Aug. 18: ZAP! POW! BAM! The Superhero: The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1938-1950, Jewish Museum of Maryland, Baltimore, Md.
- June 1: Brandon Peterson signing, 1 to 5 p.m. at Cards, Comics and Collectibles, Reisterstown, Md.
- June 4: Hothouse Happy Hour: DC’s Independent Print Scene, 6:30 p.m., Capitol Skyline Hotel, Washington, D.C.,
- June 11: Visualizing Peace: Graphic Art & Social Change, with Andrew Aydin, Nate Powell and Dalia Ziada, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Kenney Auditorium, Johns Hopkins University, Washington, D.C.
- June 14: Super Art Fight at Black Cat, Washington, D.C. Doors at 9 p.m.; show at 10 p.m. Tickets $15, on sale now.
- June 19: Mike Raicht, Zach Howard, and Austin Harrison signing, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Third Eye Comics, Annapolis, Md., and 4 to 6 p.m. at Third Eye Comics, Prince Frederick, Md.
- June 21: Cartoon Picayune: The Hard Work Issue Release Party, 6 to 9 p.m., Studio F, Washington, D.C. (Facebook event page)