- Now through Aug. 18: ZAP! POW! BAM! The Superhero: The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1938-1950, Jewish Museum of Maryland, Baltimore, Md.
- April 13: Annapolis Book Festival, The Key School, Annapolis, Md. Features comics programming, artists and activities.
- April 13-14: Small Press and Comics Expo, Columbus, Ohio, with several D.C. area creators. The event will also feature a “District Comics: An Unconventional History of Washington, D.C.” Original Artwork Exhibit and at “Putting History into Panels” panel with Matt Dembicki and several other District Comics contributors.
- April 15: Gilbert Hernandez lecture and signing, 5:30 p.m., Johns Hopkins University, 101 Mattin Center, Baltimore, Md.
- April 18: Dash Shaw & Tim Krieder, 7 p.m., Atomic Books, Baltimore, Md. Facebook event page.
- April 18: Matt Dembicki signing and talk, 5 to 7 p.m., Cartoon Art Museum, San Francisco, Calif.
- April 20-21: Awesome Con D.C., 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (April 20) and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (April 21), Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C.
Not quite comics:
- Countdown to Yuri’s Night, April 13 in Arlington, Va. In conjunction with Voltron’s Corpse exhibition.
Have comic news or events related to the D.C. area to share? Email me! Submit no later than Monday at 9 p.m. for inclusion each Tuesday, but the earlier, the better! More information is here. I would especially love any Free Comic Book Day events!