- AN OPEN REQUEST: As convention season kicks off, bring on more live cartoon performance, Michael Cavna, Comic Riffs/Washington Post
- Magic Bullet is accepting submissions and advertisers through March 1.
- The Cartoon Picayune, a comics journalism zine, is now accepting advertisers for the Summer 2013 issue. Inquire at email@example.com.
- Now through Aug. 18: ZAP! POW! BAM! The Superhero: The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1938-1950, Jewish Museum of Maryland, Baltimore, Md.
- Feb. 8: Cupid’s Pre-Party, Art Opening at Studio F, 6 to 9 p.m., 923 F St NW, Studio 301, Washington, D.C. Features art of Josh Kramer of The Cartoon Picayune
- Feb. 21: Nicole Georges (of Invincible Summer), Cassie Sneider, Monica Gallagher, Sally Madden at 7 to 9 p.m. at Atomic Books, Baltimore, Md.
- Feb. 22: Super Art Fight, doors 9:30 p.m. at Black Cat Backstage, Washington, D.C. Tickets are $12 and on sale now.