And we’re back!
- END OF THE LINE — AND THE BLUEPRINT FOR A BEGINNING: The story behind the most compelling cartoon of the year, Michael Cavna, Comic Riffs/Washington Post
- Comic Relief, Rachel Manteuffel, Bethesda Magazine (First link goes to scans of the article)
- Reviewed: “Donkeys & Elephants” at Studio Gallery, Louis Jacobson, Washington City Paper (yeah, slightly outside what I usually cover, but a slow week).
- Rex Ryan’s tattoo bites Rob Ullman’s style, Paul Lukas, ESPN.com (Ullman is Richmond-based so close enough. Plus, it’s funny, and yeah, slow week.)
- January: Big Planet Comics Bethesda is having its annual hardcover sale throughout the month. Discounts increase each week. (Sale is taking place at this location only.)
- Jan. 16: Savage Wolverine release party with Frank Cho, 4 to 7:30 p.m., Cards, Comics & Collectibles, Reisterstown, Md.
- Jan. 27 through Aug. 18: ZAP! POW! BAM! The Superhero: The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1938-1950, Jewish Museum of Maryland, Baltimore, Md.