- District Comics: Interview with Tom Allen, Michael Cowgill
- Indie on Indie Spotlight on RM Rhodes, Ken Eppstein for The Outhousers
- Matt Dembicki talks Xoc and District Comics on the Big Planet Podcast
- Ignatz Award nominations! I would love to take all kinds of credit, but all I did was sort through too many comics (by my last count, we got 270 separate titles, so at six copies per, that’s more than 1,600 comics that were sorted). All the love goes to our awesome jurors.
- &@$#!: An Exhibition of Comic Artists begins Sept. 7 at Gallery 5, Richmond, Va. Sadly, it only runs until Sept. 29, so if I do get to see it, it will be on the last day. September is a busy month!
- Another Big Planet signing, another cool poster for Michael Rex on Aug. 18. (Linking to Rex’s site since I can’t seem to find it on Big Planet’s.)
- Comics in the District: A Discussion with Local Creators, audio from panel courtesy of Curls Studio
- T.S. O’Banion’s The Pugilist began Aug. 6. Updates every Monday.
- Mr. Big: A Tale of Pond Life, Carol and Matt Dembicki, Sky Pony Press. Sept. 1.
- The Lost Art of Heinrich Kley, Lost Art Books, Sept. 14 (Small Press Expo)
- Remake: 3Xtra, Lamar Abrams, AdHouse Books, December 2012.
- Through Sept. 2: “Graphic Details: Confessional Comics by Jewish Women” at the Ann Loeb Bronfman Gallery, Jewish Community Center, Washington, D.C.
- Through Sept. 8: Fever Dreams of Organic Machines: The Comic Book Art of Rafer Roberts, Common Ground Gallery, Rockville, Md.
- Aug. 18: Michael Rex, creator of Fangbone, signing, Big Planet Comics Vienna, Va., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Big Planet Comics College Park, Md., 3 to 5 p.m.
- Aug. 19: District Comics signing event, 3 to 5 p.m. at One More Page Books, Arlington, Va. Facebook event page.
- Sept. 8-9: Baltimore Comic Con, Baltimore, Md.
- Sept. 14: Gilbert and Jaime Hernandez, 7 p.m., Politics & Prose, Washington, D.C.
- Sept. 15-16: Small Press Expo, North Bethesda, Md.