- AdHouse Books shutting down AdDistro
- Art from 7 top cartoonists joins SPX holdings at the Library of Congress
- Interview with Michael Auger at Interior Design and Style
- Xoc: The Journey of a Great White, Matt Dembicki with colors by Evan Keeling, Oni Press (20-page preview from Oni Press). July 25.
- Mr. Big: A Tale of Pond Life, Carol and Matt Dembicki, Sky Pony Press. Sept. 1.
- District Comics: An Unconventional History of Washington, DC, various artists, Fulcrum Publishing. Sept. 11.
- Through July 8: The History of Invulnerability , Theater J, Jewish Community Center, Washington, D.C. Tickets and showtime information at the link.Theater J offers $10 off tickets to readers of this blog using “DCCOMICS” either online at the Theater J website or by phone at 800-494-8497. The theater also offers a discount to those 35 and younger, which makes $15 during the week and $25 on the weekends. No discount code is needed.
- Through Sept. 2: “Graphic Details: Confessional Comics by Jewish Women” at the Ann Loeb Bronfman Gallery, Jewish Community Center, Washington, D.C.
- Various dates beginning June 17: Create a Comic Book with Matt Dembicki, 7 p.m. at Fairfax County Libraries.
- July 7-8: Full Sanction at Kids Read Comics Celebration, Ann Arbor, Mich. (I’ll also be there, just hanging out!)
- July 7: Southern Maryland Comic-Con, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Waldorf, Md.
- July 8: Comics in the District: A Discussion with Local Creators panel discussion featuring Carolyn Belefski, Steve Conley, Evan Keeling, Andrew Cohen and Matt Dembicki. Moderated by Mike Rhode. 5:15 p.m. at Theater J, Washington DC Jewish Community Center
- July 28: Matt Dembicki signs copies of Xoc, Big Planet Comics College Park (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and Big Planet Comics Vienna (3 to 5 p.m.)
- July 28: Support Local Creativity Showcase, featuring Rafer Roberts among others, 6 to 9 p.m., Flying Dog Brewery, Frederick, Md.
- Beginning Aug. 3: Fever Dreams of Organic Machines: The Comic Book Art of Rafer Roberts, Common Ground Gallery, Rockville, Md.
- After next week, this feature is going to shift to Tuesdays — so there will be one on July 12 and then another on July 17 and then on Tuesdays after that.